Monday, March 2, 2009

I first created this blog with the idea in mind that it would be a testbed for articles I was publishing on another site. Just to see how it would all look in final form, I thought I would first publish it here and if it looked ok, then I would really publish it at the other site.

I really had no idea what I was doing. I soon found a way to testbed my articles on the target site anyway and so never really used this blog at all.

'Till now, I guess ...

It's not that I didn't have things I wanted to say before now, but I was just saying them all on somebody else's site. Of course this is not to suggest this is in any way my own site, but it does seem to be in some way my personal blog, hence an admirable location to say things which I may feel the need to say.

Not that I didn't say plenty at the other site/sites ( alas, there have been more than one ). Should admitting this cause me to feel dirty in some way ? Regardless of whether or not such an admission should make me feel less than immaculately clean doesn't change the fact that I do feel soiled, more or less, by said prior internet publishing experience.

As I have already pointed out, when I started out on all this internet writing about 6 months ago now, I really had no idea what I was doing. I had just lost my job and found myself with a fair amount of time on my hands, and a strong desire to vent. And so that's pretty much what I ended up doing on those other sites.

Well, it actually turns out that in spite of myself I ended up learning a few things about all this internet publishing stuff anyway. And not all of what I learned reflected well upon either myself or others. This, in itself being a lesson already learned over and over again amidst the endless imperfections of this very imperfect world, was in no way suprising, merely disappointing.

One of those lessons was that instead of having become a citizen journalist, what I had really become was only a click-monkey. Prior to having had this more than trivial epiphany, I had already begun to sense that, 'all was not well in Denmark.' Or that, 'something didn't smell quite right.' However the old phrase goes -- the writing was on the wall ...

Anyway, that was then, and this is now. Time to branch out on my own, as it were.

And so, this should be a good place to conclude my really first blog entry here at my very own blog, even though somebody else owns it, The Aquamarine Planet.

Thank for stopping by.

No comments: